Comprehensive Dental Check Ups For Peace of Mind
Our one hour new patient dental check-up is only $85 including all x-rays, photographs, diagnosis and treatment planning. If you have a health fund, there will be no out of pocket expense.
We believe that the most important part of preventive dental care is regular dental check-up’s (examination) of the teeth, gums and the soft tissues. This usually occurs every 6 months and is essential in helping to us diagnose existing disease, treat dental problems early and help you prevent others from occurring. At Plaza Central Dentists Maroochydore, we ensure that our check-ups are comprehensive and include:
- An extra-oral (out side of the mouth) check of the lymph nodes, jaw joints, skin around the mouth and lips including any muscular tenderness around the jaw joints.
- A thorough intra-oral (inside of the mouth) check of the lips, cheeks, floor of the mouth and surface of the tongue checking for signs of oral cancer and other diseases
- A full charting of the existing teeth, any missing teeth, existing dental work including fillings, dental crowns, bridges, dentures, implants including teeth damaged by tooth decay, cracks or fractures
- A full examination of the gums checking for signs of gum disease (gingivitis or advancing periodontal disease)
- A full X-ray examination of the teeth looking for signs of tooth decay, abscesses, infections, health of the sinuses and other issues within the jaws that are not visible without X-rays.
- A full set of clinical photographs of all the teeth as a permanent base line record
- We provide a full written treatment plan including associated costs and options for spreading the cost of any treatment interest free
We advise patients to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time to fill out a medical and dental history questionnaire. Any information provided is confidential and not shared with others without your express consent.
During your visits, you will have opportunity to talk to your dentist about your dental history, past experiences, problems you may be currently having, your wants and wishes. We want to tailor dental care to suit your needs. This also includes care for patients who are nervous or anxious.
We often get asked about providing dental hygiene (cleaning) without an examination or check up. As a duty of care to our patients, we follow Dental Board Guidelines and ensure that every patient has been thoroughly examined and diagnosed prior to treatment. This ensures that we have not missed a diagnosis and allow us to provide written treatment plans, costs and consents. Although there are practices in our local area that provide treatment without an initial check and diagnosis, we want to uphold the highest standards of care and will only treat patients who have had an initial consultation.
Are you looking for regular six monthly dental check ups and cleaning with an option to spread the cost?
Plaza Central Dentists are proud to be supporting the oral health of our community by lowering the cost of regular preventive check ups and cleaning helping hard working individuals and families budget for their dentistry. Our Care Plan has been designed to help you spread the cost of regular check up and cleaning.
It costs just $6.92/week ($30/month) and covers you for:
- Two comprehensive examination visits per year with your dentist which include oral cancer checks
- Two hygiene (scale and clean) visits per year including fluoride treatment if required
- Unlimited X-rays, clinical photographs and diagnostic tests as required throughout the year
- Comprehensive treatment planning, diagnosis and written quotes for all treatment
- Compatible with all health funds using rebates to further reduce the cost of the Care Plan
- One off $28 set-up fee. No lock in contracts. No interest, no credit checks or hidden charges. Ever.